February 1, 2012
Note - Make this nut free by adding more ground chia and freezing. It will need to be served frozen. If you add cashews, the dessert can stand up and be cut without freezing.
Creamy Pineapple Custard Cake
3 - 4 cups ripe pineapple, chopped
1 cup fresh coconut meat (from young Thai coconut - or use 1/2 dried coconut) - I have not tried this, so you have to play around with amount.
1/3 cup cashews - (soaked 2 hours) - optional - see notes
2 Tablespoons ground *chia seeds (I used WHITE chia seeds - keeps nicer color)
2 Tablespoons *shredded coconut
2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1 drop Medicine Flower Rum Extract (or 1/4 teaspoon liquid extract)
3/4 teaspoon vanilla (2 drops **Medicine Flower Vanilla Extract)
1/2 Tablespoon psyllium husk powder (to thicken ,if needed - can find this in health food store)
1 pinch sea salt (or to taste)
maple syrup, agave or honey (if needed to sweeten)
1 ripe banana, sliced thin
1. Blend pineapple, coconut meat and cashews until creamy.
2. Add dried coconut and dates and continue to blend.
3. Add remaining ingredients. (except for banana) If necessary, add more chia to thicken. Taste for sweetness and adjust as needed.
4. Add 1/2 of sliced banana to bottom of 4" spring form pan.
5. Fill pan with Custard mix.
6. Top with remaining sliced banana and sprinkle with dried coconut.
7. Chill for several hours. If not using cashews, freeze until firm.
*Special Offer: Make a purchase at ZNatural Foods and Enter "RawfullyTempting" in the Coupon Code window, and receive a one-time per customer 10% Discount!!! They have great prices to begin with, so take a look at their products !
**Mention "Rawfully Tempting" in Shipping Comments and Medicine Flower will send you a Special Bonus Sample.
Rawfully Tempting™ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Unsubscribe from our newsletter