Cheezy Lasagna Roll
1 c Mac Cheese Spread (see below)
- Thinly slice the zucchini lengthwise by hand or with a mandolin.
- You will need enough slices to completely cover the bottom of the pan two times.
- Place a double layer of cheesecloth in the pan, with at least 6 inches of cheesecloth hanging out on all sides. Overlap zucchini slices to completely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon a small amount of Mac Cheese thinly over the zucchini slices, using a spatula.
- Spoon a thin layer of marinara sauce over the cheese layer.
- Arrange another layer of zucchini slices and top with a small amount of marinara sauce. (save a small amount for topping).
- Spread a very small amount of marinara sauce over the top of the roll.
- Sprinkle with hot red pepper flakes, oregano, and garnish with fresh parsley.Return to dehydrator for another hour, (or warm oven for 20 min).
- Using a sharp knife slice into 2-3 sections and serve. This goes nicely with a fresh salad.
Veggie Mac Cheese Spread - (with my changes)
2 Tbsp unpasteurized miso
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
3 finely chopped green onions
2 Tbsp finely chopped basil
2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
3 tsp oregano
dash of Ume Plum vinegar or pinch of Celtic sea salt
1/2 cup soaked, pine nuts, finely chopped (I did not soak mine)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Add water to cover in blender
Blend until very smooth and creamy. A VitaMix works wonders, but a regular blender works okay.Make sure there is enough liquid to keep the blades turning in the "cheese." Don't worry if it looks soupy, the next step will take care of most of it.
Add 1 T fresh squeezed lemon. (optional)
Remove from blender into a fine nylon mesh bag(nut mylk bag) that has been placed in a colander, over a plate (to catch the whey). Fold the bag over itself and put a plate on top. Place some sort of weight on the plate and store in a warm spot. and away from drafts.
For the Marinara Sauce
1/4 c sun-dried tomatoes
1 medjool date, pitted and soaked, or 1 tsp agave nectar
3/4 c tomatoes, chopped and seeded
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp basil
1/4 tsp sea salt
Dash cayenne pepper, to taste
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1 Tbsp salad olives (optional)
- In food processor, add drained sun-dried tomatoes, date, crushed garlic, basil, tomatoes, sea salt, cayenne, olive oil and olives. Process until smooth and set aside in bowl.