If you prefer to avoid nuts, then I recommend the previous Spinach Soup posted.
Spinach Cream Soup
Inspired by Raw Epicurean
1/3 cup cashews
1 cup filtered water
5 cups fresh spinach, packed
1 basil leaf
1/2l garlic clove, crushed
sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cucumber chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced thin
- Thoroughly wash the spinach leaves and set aside.
- Blend cashews and filtered water in blender until a creamy consistency. (Use a spatula to scrape down sides and continue to mix).
- Gradually add spinach to milk and blend.
- Add garlic, basil, sea salt, ground pepper and blend until well mixed.
- Chill or serve immediately. Garnish with chopped cucumbers, tomato, a small leaf of spinach and freshly cracked pepper.