Black-Eyed Pea Fritters - Cooked
1" piece of kombu (make peas more digestible)
1/4 c parsley, chopped
1 c dried black-eyed peas, rinsed
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 c filtered water
1/4 c almond meal
1 red onion, diced
1/4 c cornmeal
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/ tsp baking powder
coconut oil for frying
- Place kombu in pot and add peas and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat and boil uncovered for 10 min.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 min or until peas are tender.
- Drain peas and transfer to food processor and process until creamy.
- Place in a bowl and add onion, garlic, parsley, salt and cayenne. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine almond meal, cornmeal and baking powder. Stir into the pea mixture, making a stiff dough. Form the mixture into silver dollar sized round patties.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat and pan-fry each fritter until golden brown on both sides. Serve as a side dish along with a spicy dipping sauce.
Ingredients: (mix together)
3 tablespoons nama shoyu
2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil