While I didn't get this out on time for Thanksgiving...here it is for the upcoming holidays and New Year!
Creamy Persimmon Cheesecake
Ingredients for Pecan Crust
1 cup pecans (soaked overnight and dehydrated until dry)
1/2 cup almonds (soaked overnight and dehydrated until dry)
6 medjool dates
1 teaspoon vanilla (2 drops Medicine Flower Vanilla Extract)
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
6 persimmons, pulp
1 1/2 bananas
1/3 cup Irish moss paste (optional)
6 Tablespoons white chia seeds -dark will darken color, but can be used.
1 cup cashews - (soaked 2 hours)
4 drops Medicine Flower Vanilla Extract (or 1 teaspoon vanilla)
1 teaspoon lucuma powder (optional)
7 Tablespoons grade B maple syrup (or your fav. sweetener)
1/2 cup water (as needed to blend)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup cacao butter, chopped and melted
3 Tablespoons coconut butter (or oil)
1 Tablespoon psyllium husk powder (optional)
1 1/4 cups young Thai coconut flesh, or shredded coconut
1 cup coconut water, or filtered water
4 Medjool dates (pitted and chopped)
3/4 cup cashews
1 teaspoon lemon juice
6 Tablespoons maple syrup - grade B (or your liquid sweetener
2 Tablespoons chia , white
2 teaspoons lucuma powder (optional)
1 teaspoons vanilla extract (3 drops Medicine Flower Vanilla)
4 drops Medicine Flower Caramel or Butterscotch extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
3 Tablespoons cacao butter, melted
4 Tablespoons coconut butter
1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
READ HOW TO PREPARE IRISH MOSS PASTE HERE
Directions for Crust
1. In food processor, blend nuts and dates. Add extract and salt and process until it starts to clump together.
2. Press mixture into 8 inch spring form pan and set aside.
1. If using Hachiya persimmons, they must be very ripe. I like to mix them with Fuyu persimmons.
2. Scoop out pulp. Remove any seeds.
3. In blender, mix persimmon pulp, banana, Irish moss paste, chia and cashews until creamy.
4. Add extract, maple syrup, water and lemon juice. Use Vitamix tamper if mixture is very thick.
5. Add lucuma and seasoning. Melt cacao butter and coconut butter in a metal bowl over another bowl filled with hot water. Add melted ingredients to blender.
6. Taste for sweetness. Add psyllium husks powder. Blend and quickly pour mixture into oiled spring form pan. Psyllium causes mixture to set quickly.
7. Tap on counter to spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle top of cake with Crust Mixture.
8. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight, until chilled.
9. Garnish with pecan halves and dollop of Coconut Creamed Cheese Frosting.
10. Option - Freeze cheesecake for several hours until firm. Frost top of cake with Coconut Creamed Cheese Frosting. Garnish with pecan halves.
1. In blender, mix coconut meat and water, cashews, lemon juice, maple syrup and chia.
2. Add lucuma, extracts, and sea salt.
3. Melt cacao butter and coconut butter in a a medium bowl, placed over a small bowl filled with hot water.
4. Add melted ingredients to blender and mix until creamy. Transfer to bowl and stir in chopped pecans.
6. Use a decorating bag and tip, or dollop onto dessert dishes.
7. Store in refrigerator for up to 4 days.