I ordered this cacao from Cocoa Family and loved it. I used the Hispaniola fermented cacao paste, (I'd suggest this one), along with their cacao butter originating from the Dominican Republic. I am told this variety is loved and adored by many European chocolatiers. Currently, they only sell in bulk and you have to order a minimum of 10 pounds. However, you can mix and match products, so ordering 2 pounds of each product is not unrealistic. When you call, please mention Rawfuly Tempting sent you!
I've NEVER found cacao nibs so appealing. I eat them straight out of the bag. They have a unique richness in flavor and aroma. Ohhhh, I may just have to whip up a batch of Rawfully Tempting Signature Chocolate Covered Kale Chips very soon.
W said this recipe reminded him of Chunky chocolate due to the combo of chocolate and raisins. Trust me, this fudge MELTS in your mouth. .It does also "melt" in your hands due to my not tempering it, so store in the freezer or fridge...(or take time to temper)...and pop in your mouth quickly. I don't mind licking chocolate off of my fingers and don't have a lot of patience for fine chocolatiering. Tempering chocolate has never been one of my strong suits. To temper this, you'll probably use a powdered sugar, not maple syrup. If you want a quick and easy fudge treat, here ya go...!
Phenomenal Fudge (RAW CHUNKY Bar)
3 Tablespoons cacao butter, chopped or shaved
6 Tablespoons cacao paste(liquor), chopped or shaved
2 Tablespoons maple syrup (grade B or your favorite sweetener)
1 Tablespoons nut butter
2 drops Vanilla Medicine Flower Extract (or 1/2 tsp liquid extract)
1/2 cup soaked cashews
2 Tablespoons desiccated coconut
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup raisins(divided in half)
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Melt cacao butter, cacao paste in a double boiler or dehydrator and whisk.
2. Let melted chocolate start to cool and thicken a bit as you whisk it. Warm it up again to 100 degrees F.
3. Warm maple syrup over double boiler (same as chocolate) and add to melted chocolate, whisking it in.
4. Transfer melted mixture to high speed blender. Add nut butter, extract, cashews, half of raisins and blend until creamy.
5. Add dried coconut, salt, and walnuts. Pulse blend, leaving small chunks.
6. Press mixture into individual molds, or mold of your choice or just pour onto parchment paper free form. Freeze for 15 to 30 minutes.
7. Remove from freezer and serve.
8. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
*Mention "Rawfully Tempting" in Shipping Comments and Medicine Flower will include a Special Bonus Sample with any order.