Smokey Backyard Tomato Soup
3 cups mixed garden tomatoes (mix in orange tomatoes if available), roughly chopped
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked
3/4 cup soak water (from SD tomatoes)
1/4 cup cashews
1/2 small clove garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 Tablespoon cilantro leaves, chopped
1/16 teaspoon smoked paprika (really makes a difference)
1 pinch cayenne
1/8 teaspoon sea salt (eliminate if SD tomatoes are salty)
Hot Red Pepper Sauce
2 Tablespspoons leftover soup (from sides of blender)
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 red bell pepper
1 red chili pepper, chopped
add more oil (or water) if needed to blend
Directions for Soup:
1. Blend tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and 1/2 soak water. Add more soak water as needed.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend until creamy.
3. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
4. Pour into bowl, leaving about 2 T of soup in blender
Directions for Hot Red Pepper Sauce:
1. Scrape down remains of soup into blender and add ingredients.
1. Pour soup into individual bowls.
2. Drizzle a small amount of Hot Red Pepper Sauce over soup
3. Garnish with sliced avocado, red onion and fresh basil or cilantro.
3. Add fresh cracked pepper and serve.
Don't forget to LIKE Rawfully Tempting on Facebook.
Sign up for the Rawfully Tempting NEWSLETTER