Purple Corn Taco Shell
(makes about 8 shells)
4 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
1 1/2 cups purple corn, soak for at least 24 hours.(or 1 1/2 cups purple corn powder. SAVE SOAK WATER
1/2 cup ground flax seed (golden )
1/4 cup almond flour
6 Tablespoons purple water (from soaking corn) -more or less as needed
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped (or orange)
2 green onion chopped
1/3 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt (or sea salt)
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste or dash of cayenne to taste
1. Using a food processor, mix corn until well ground.
2. Add all ingredients, except water and process.
3. Use spatula to scrape from sides of bowl and add water as needed to achieve a creamy texture.
5. *Dehydrate at 110 degrees F for 3 hours. Flip the sheets over onto mesh dehydrator tray, and dehydrate another hour.
(Option: For chips, spread batter out over entire tray and use dull edged knife to score into triangular chips)
7. Serve with salsa, salads, dips or just munch on them as is.(See ideas below)