Soooo good, I practically licked the plate clean. Yesterday, I posted Chef Russel Jame's Cauliflower Rice in a Creamy Cheese Sauce recipe video, along with my own version of the recipe. Tonight, I was on a roll and inspired to create a totally different flavor. You can do this. See how easy it is? Just changing up some of the herbs and spices, gives a whole new style to this dish. Thank you Russell James!
Two nights in a row, I used the same basic recipe and created two unique dishes. Don't forget to click on the link above to view the amazing videos posted by Chef Russell James and see what you can come up with.
Mexican Cauliflower Rissoto
1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into chunks
3 broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup cashews
3 Tablespoons of pine nuts
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cilantro
1/8 teaspoon or more chili powder or more
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1. In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower and broccoli until it is "rice-like."
2. In a blender, mix cashews, pine nuts and water.
3. Add salt, lime juice, nutritional yeast, and spices. Blend until creamy
4. Transfer rice to a large mixing bowl and pour at least 1/2 of sauce mixture over rice and mix. Add more sauce to achieve desired consistency. Add fresh chopped cilantro (optional),
5. Add cracked pepper. Taste for flavor and season as needed. Serve over salad greens or stuff into a tomato. Garnish with avocado and red onion. Raw corn chips go great with this too!
6. Use leftover sauce as a salad dressing.
My daughter Lindsey sure loved it!
Check Out Russell James Videos Here!