Raw Cranberry Relish
2 lbs Cranberries (fresh or frozen)
4 medium tart apples, peeled and cored
3/4 cup orange juice (or 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate)
1/2 large orange, rind, grated finely
6 Tablespoons B-grade maple syrup (or your favorite sweetener)
1 Tablespoon coconut palm sugar (optional)
1 cup walnuts, chopped (dark skinned nuts should be soaked overnight and dehydrated)
2 Tablespoons chia seeds.
1/2 cup raisins
1. In a large bowl, rinse cranberries in cold water. Drain well.
2. In Food Processor pulse cranberries until well shredded and broken down. Do not over process.Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Directions for Apples
1. Peel and core apples and cut in quarters. In food processor, pulse the apples until they are chunky.
2. grate 1/2 the orange rind.(microplane works great for this). Add apples and rind to bowl of cranberries.
3. Add maple syrup and orange juice to mixture. Stir well. Adjust sweetness.
4. Add chopped walnuts, chia, and raisins, and mix well.
5. Store in refrigerator. I put mine in a large, covered mason jar made 2 days prior so flavors merge.