UPDATE - I now replace arame with ATLANTIC COAST SEA VEGGIES, DULSE or KELP FLAKES.
Ingredients for Salad:
1 zucchini (spiralized or sliced thin, lengthwise)
2 carrots, peeled and grated or julienne
1/4 red onion, chopped or spiralize with ribbon blade and chop
1/2 cup green peas, snow peas, mushrooms, etc
1/2 cup arame, measured dry (soak for 5 min and squeeze to drain)
1 apple (sliced thin, optional)
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
2 Tbsp brown rice vinegar (or your favorite vinegar)
1 Tbsp honey or your fav sweetener
1 - 2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp nama shoyu (or tamari)
1 1/2 tsp grated ginger
1/8 tsp chili powder (or cayenne - to taste)
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/8 tsp sea salt
1. Soak arame for 5 minutes in cool water. Rinse, drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
2. Spiralize zucchini. Shred or julienne carrots, and chop apple and onion.
3. IN a large bowl, mix the vegetables and arame together..
4. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over vegetables. Mix well.
5. Let sit for 15 to 30 minutes. Mix . Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve.
6. OPTION: add chopped broccoli, snap peas, green beans, pear, etc. This would also be good served with SPROUTED QUINOA
This is also really good with
Creamy Tahini Sauce
Whisk or blend -
1 T olive oil, 1 T sesame oil, 2 T nama shoyu or tamari, 1 T grated ginger, 2 t honey or your sweetener, 2 tsp lime juice, 2 T tahini butter, 2 T water as needed, 1/4 t onion powder, 1/4 t garlic powder, sea salt to taste, dash of red chili powder to taste. Works as a great creamy marinade too.