1/2 cup macadamia nuts (or almonds, or cashews)
1 cup filtered water
6-8 cups tightly packed spinach, chopped
2 Tbsp red onion, roughly chopped
1/2 clove garlic, crushed
salt, pepper, dash of nutmeg, to taste
- Blend nuts and water until creamy. Squeeze through a nut mylk bag or cheese cloth over a bowl or pan.
- (Dehydrate remaining nuts and save for another recipe)
- Return nut mylk to blender and add red onion, garlic and spices.
- Slowly add spinach, blend, scrape sides with spatula and blend until creamy. (I left mine a little chunky).
- Pour and serve. Garnish with spinach leaf and red pepper sliver.