Create your own amazing soup. Be creative. Use your own variety of veggies and seasonings, add cashew cream, and BLENNNNNDDDD. Yummmmmmmm - enjoy!
Cream of Vegetable Soup
8 cups of vegetable broth
6 cups water
1 bunch kale, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 parsnip, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
2 bunches broccoli, coarsely chopped
1/2 - 3/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 onion, chopped (or 4 green onions, chopped)
1 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt, to taste
dash, black pepper to taste
1/2 cup raw cashews
- Add all ingredients (except cashews) to large soup pot. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook 30 - 60 min.
For the Cashew Cream:
- Blend cashews with just enough water to cover on high, until creamy.
- Pour through sieve or nut mylk bag. Stir into soup and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- In batches, pour soup mixture and veggies into blender and mix until creamy. Return to another soup pot. and keep over low heat for a few minutes.
- Serve and garnish with parsley and slivered red bell pepper.