3 1/2 tablespoons coconut or high heat oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pint mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, diced
15-ounce can garbanzo (or white) beans, drained and rinsed well
1 tomato, chopped
¼ to ½ c snow peas (may also use broccoli, green beans, bok choy)
1/2 cup short grain brown rice, cooked
¼ to ½ cup vegetable broth
1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast (optional)
Fresh basil ( to taste)
1 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of cayenne
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and peppers; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini and increase heat to medium-high.
- Cook about 4 minutes. Add tomato and snow peas and cook for about 3 min.
- Taste for seasoning and serve over bed of rice.