Chocolate Nut Butter Smoothie
1.5 Frozen Bananas (or any fruit, berries, mango, etc)
1 Tbsp nut butter
1 Tbsp Raw Tahini or Fresh Raw Halvah
1 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds (I mix dark, golden and hemp)
* In order to receive the nutritional benefits from flax seeds, they must be ground.
- Ground flax seeds get rancid quickly, so only grind a small amount and keep refrigerated)
- 2-3 Organic kale leaves, stem removed (opt)
- 1-2 Dates soaked, to sweeten (opt)
- 1 tsp Organic Almond Extract (or any flavor you prefer)
- Combine water and nuts and grind in a high speed blender.
- Pour through a strainer or nut mylk bag.
- Add frozen banana (break in pieces) and blend on "ice crusher" mode. Add remaining ingredients, blend and enjoy!
Blend until creamy. Place nut milk bag inside a bowl or pitcher. Pour milk into the bag, hold closed at top and gently squeeze the milk thru the bag. Leftover nut pulp in the bag can be dehydrated and used in cracker or bread recipes.